Prenatal Massage is the most under-rated method for helping women during their pregnancies. Getting a massage while pregnant can reduce stress and relieve pain associated with muscle tension. Additionally, research shows that massage can improve lymph drainage (reduce swelling) and have a balancing effect on glands – both of which are a huge benefit during pregnancy. Expectant mothers experience unique physical and emotional changes that occur as a result of increased weight, shifting posture, and adjusting hormone levels – all of which may result in physical discomfort and stress. Prenatal massage is a natural therapy aimed at alleviating pregnancy related symptoms.
Muscle tension and stress decrease the nutrient absorption and slow down toxin elimination – both of which are crucial for healthy, normal cells. And, when in the process of developing a baby, those two aspects become vital for ensuring a healthy pregnancy. Maternity massage can provide an opportunity to allow outside stresses to slip away for a period, thereby allowing the cells to receive the nutrients they need and rid themselves of harmful toxins.
At Moyer Total Wellness, our experienced massage therapists choose techniques that are safe and effective for pregnant women*. Every massage is personalized to meet your therapeutic needs. The benefits of prenatal massage include:
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Eases joint pain caused by muscular tension and shift in posture to accommodate increasing abdominal weight
- Releases endorphins
- Helps facilitate lymph drainage and increases circulation
- Promotes muscle and skin elasticity that can help reduce stretch marks
- Minimizes spider veins
- Improves digestion
- Reduces fatigue
Moyer Total Wellness also recommends omega-3 fish oil as well as choline, in addition to eating a healthy diet and taking a prenatal multi-vitamin during pregnancy. If you have questions about how to ensure a healthy pregnancy, we offer a free consultation with Dr. Moyer.
Denver Prenatal Massage Special – 55 min $59.99, 80 min $79.99 (New Clients Only)
* Prenatal massage in the first trimester may not be for expectant mothers who are in poor health due to diabetes, high blood pressure, prone to blood clotting or recent/prolonged toxic exposure or at risk for preterm labor. If you are in the first trimester and are unsure, please schedule a free consultation prior to your massage with Dr. Moyer. In certain circumstances, alternate techniques may be recommended such as circulatory work, reflexology, craniosacral (cranial sacral) therapy or chiropractic care. Massage has never been associated with an increased risk of miscarriage.