Here are some of our most frequently massage questions, chiropractic care, and acupuncture. If you have a question that is not listed here or there’s something you need more information on, please always feel free to give us a call at (303)756-9355 and one of our wellness team member’s will be happy to assist you.
What is your cancellation policy?
If you need to reschedule, please notify the office at least 24 hours prior to your appointment start time to avoid the Late Cancellation Fee. The cancellation fee is 50% of the full price of the service.
The reason why we charge a late cancellation fee is most of our therapists can only see 4-5 clients in a day, and therefore cancellations can cost them 20-25% of their daily pay.
As a courtesy to our other guests and staff, appointments will be automatically canceled 15 minutes after the scheduled start time and charged full price. We regret that late arrivals will not receive an extension of scheduled appointments. When our schedule will allow, we may be able to accommodate a partial or full appointment.
Should I leave a tip?
Gratuity is never expected but always appreciated. Most people use the standard hospitality rate of about 20 percent to determine the amount to leave their massage therapist. We recommend tipping percentages be based on the full regular price of your service and not on the discounted member rate of the service. Cash is preferred because the therapists are able to take it home with them that day.
It is not customary to tip your Chiropractor, Acupuncturist, or Rolfer, but on occasion, for exceptional care you can leave them a small amount as well.
Do you accept insurance?
Yes, we accept Health Spending Accounts (HSA’s) and Flexible Spending Account(FSA’s).
No, we do not accept med-pay from automobile accidents or personal injury claims. However, we can work with you to provide all the necessary paperwork (medical records, billing records, and procedural and diagnosis codes) to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
No, we do not accept regular health insurance. Chiropractic Care and Massage Therapy is sometimes covered by regular health insurance. If they are willing to reimburse you, we can provide you with all the necessary paperwork. We have many clients that are successfully using their regular coverage. We can supply you with your medical records, billing records, and procedural and diagnosis coding.
What should I wear for my appointment?
For most of our appointments, you can wear whatever you would like for your appointment. But here are some more details:
- Massage: You will dress and undress in the privacy of the massage room. Undress to your comfort level. Most clients undress all the way, while others choose to leave their undergarments on. Our therapists are highly skilled at “draping” to ensure your modesty and are required to leave the sheet on at all times.
- Thai Massage / Therapeutic Stretching: Please wear something comfortable and flexible. We recommend leggings, sweatpants, or athletic shorts with a t-shirt or tank top.
- Chiropractic Care: Depending on the location and nature of your symptoms, your chiropractor may have you change into a medical gown and/or shorts. You can bring your own or some will be provided to you in the office.
- Acupuncture: Your acupuncturist may have you remain fully clothed during your session, or they may have you undress partially or fully and drape with a sheet during your session, depending on the location and nature of your symptoms.
- Rolfing®: It is ideal to work on skin directly. Sessions are typically done with the client in their underwear or gym shorts. For women, a bra or sports bra and loose shorts or comfortable underwear. Rolfing can also be done through clothing if preferred, as it is most important that you feel comfortable.
Do I have to be completely undressed? Will I be covered during the massage?
You will dress and undress in the privacy of the massage room. Undress to your comfort level. Most clients undress all the way, while others choose to leave their undergarments on. Our therapists are highly skilled at “draping” to ensure your modesty and are required to leave the sheet on at all times.
How often should I receive a massage?
This varies greatly depending on your health and reasons for receiving massage. Most of our clients receive one massage per month as part of their health and wellness plan as preventative care and to help manage stress and tension. Others choose to come in more frequently, especially those recovering from an injury or who suffer from chronic tension. Please discuss a plan with your massage therapist.
What appointments can I book if I am pregnant?
Most of our services are a great way to relieve some of the most common discomforts experienced during pregnancy.
When booking, please let us know you are pregnant and how far along you are so we can schedule you with a staff member who has been trained to work with prenatal clients.
- Massage Therapy: Prenatal massage reduces pregnancy discomforts while enhancing the physiological and emotional wellbeing of both mother and fetus. To ensure safety, we ask all prenatal clients to be past their first trimester (12 weeks) to receive massage therapy or have a note from their Doctor. Prenatal massage is available in a side-lying position or with a belly pillow to allow you to lay face down during the massage. At the time of booking, please let us know your preference and how far along you are so the Therapist can properly prepare the room. If you have any questions or concerns, please discuss prenatal massage with your Doctor.
- Other Specialty Massages: Please call us to discuss specific options.
- Chiropractic Care: You can see a Chiropractor anytime throughout your pregnancy.
- Acupuncture: You can see an Acupuncturist anytime throughout your pregnancy.
- Rolfing: An individual Rolfing session to address a specific point of pain and tension is safe for prenatal clients however, a Rolfing ten series is not. The ten series is meant to change someone’s tissue structure, and it is too much input on the body while a mother’s tissues are changing at a rapid rate to grow a life and in preparation for birth.
If you have any specific questions about the wellness care you can receive during pregnancy, please give us a call and/or discuss the options with your doctor.