Automobile and Personal Injury Insurance
If you’ve been injured in an auto accident in the state of Colorado, chiropractic care and medical massage therapy should be considered a part of your medical care plan. Our chiropractors and the entire wellness staff at Moyer Total Wellness are experienced in auto injury care and rehab. In Colorado, payment for chiropractic care and medical massage can be covered in one of three ways:
1. If you have Medical Pay, your individual coverage allotment is available to pay your medical bills (please contact your insurance company directly before your first appointment to find out how much med-pay you have). Your coverage amount will vary depending on your policy, and is not something we can find out for you.
2. You may hire an attorney to represent you in the case that you were not at fault and anticipate coverage from a third party.
3. You may pay cash out of packet for all recommended treatment.
Please arrive to your first appointment 20-30 minutes early, as we will have some paperwork for you to fill out. Bring the following information with you, which we will need to gather before your appointment:
- Driver’s License (to make a photo copy)
- Insurance Company
- Claim #
- Your Claims Rep contact info (name, phone, fax, etc…)
- Attorney contact information (if you are working with an attorney)
What you need to know:
- Moyer Total Wellness will directly bill any auto insurance company (State Farm, Progressive, Allstate, Geico, etc.) for chiropractic care and medical massage therapy. There are no co-pays associated with P.I. billing.
- We require that you see one of our chiropractors for your initial office visit, even if you are planning on only utilizing our massage therapy services or have a note from another doctor.
- When calling to make an appointment, even if you are a regular client, please let us know you want to use Auto or Personal Injury Insurance from a recent accident to pay for your treatment. We will create a new account for you and book appointments accordingly. It also helps us to prepare the proper paperwork according to your area(s) of complaint.
- Our chiropractic care insurance billing is the same as our non-member cash rates. We may need to refer for imaging and write various reports, which will be billed accordingly through your insurance.
- Our medical massage insurance rates are $120 per hour. When clients utilize insurance, the massage therapists are required to coordinate care with the chiropractors, as well as write detailed treatment notes to be submitted to the insurance companies.
- Medical massage is billed for up to 60 min per visit. You are welcome to schedule a longer massage with the understanding that anything over an hour is your financial responsibility, is due at the time of service, and will not be billed to your insurance. If you would like an 90 min massage, the 30 min upgrade will be the patient’s responsibility and will be charged at a rate of $35 per 30 min upgrade.
- Gratuity is not included in this rate and is not paid by your insurance, and therefore, we highly encourage you to tip your massage therapist as per usual (15 – 25% is the hospitality industry average). It is not customary to leave your chiropractor or acupuncturist a tip. If you are working with a lawyer or are planning to, we recommend leaving gratuity on a card. It’s easier to track and may be worked into part of your settlement later, if appropriate.
- As we are unable to bill your insurance for missed appointments, we do require a 24-hour notice for cancellations and rescheduling. Missed appointments will be billed directly to the patient for the full amount of the service. If you show up late to an appointment, any missed time may also be charged to you directly, as we are only able to bill your insurance company for time and services that have been completed.
- We do require that every client utilizing insurance for chiropractic care, massage therapy, or acupuncture sign a waiver that states the patient is ultimately responsible for his or her bill and any portion of the bill not covered by insurance.