ALISO VIEJO, Calif., April 26, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — With less than two weeks until Mother’s Day on May 8, the best bet this year is giving mom her choice for gifts and pampering, according to a new survey(1) conducted by independent research firm Toluna and released today by Buy.com®. Over one third of Americans (35 percent) will find out from mom what she wants before shopping – and topping her list this year is a day at the spa or a favorite gift card as the most desired gifts.
In the survey of more than 1,000 adults, which included nearly 200 moms, a day at the spa ranked as moms’ top gift (23 percent), followed by gift cards (20 percent), which were especially important to older moms. Moms over age 55 ranked gift cards (38 percent) followed by a new computer (25 percent) as the most desired presents.
Other key findings of the survey included:
- Moms ranked flowers as their “least desired” gift overall (22 percent)
- When asked the ideal way to spend Mother’s Day, 32 percent of moms cited a “nice meal out” and 30 percent preferred “spending time with family at home”
- 22 percent of respondents plan to spend at least $25 more on mom this year, compared to last year
- 33 percent of Americans spend more on Mother’s Day vs. Father’s Day gifts
- For 23 percent of respondents, online search is the No. 1 way to decide on what to give as a Mother’s Day gift
- “Something homemade” ranked third (17 percent) in terms of most desired gifts
Want to get your mom the perfect gift for Mother’s from Moyer Total Wellness? We have two specials this month:
1) the Ultimate Stress Reliever Package – this is a personal training session followed by a 1-hr massage – normally $118, this package can be purchased for only $79.
2) 1.5 hr Massage – this allows for a complete, full-body relaxation or therapeutic massage as well as a focus on any areas of the body that are in pain or under tension. This massage is normall $79, and can be purchased through Mother’s Day for only $59.
Expires May 31, 2011