Chiropractic Care and Massage Insurance Information
If you are considering using insurance at Moyer Total Wellness for massage therapy or chiropractic care, there are few things that you should know.
- We do not accept regular health insurance
- We do accept Health Spending Accounts (HSA’s) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA’s)
- We do accept medpay from automobile accidents or personal injury
- We need to have a claim # and contact information for your insurance company
- We do require that you see Dr. Moyer for your initial office visit, even if you are planning only utilizing our massage therapy services. (Even if you have a note from another Doctor)
- Our chiropractic care insurance billing is the same as our cash rates, however, we may need to take x-rays or write various reports. These are billed through your insurance.
- Our medical massage insurance rates are $100 per hour. This is slightly higher than our regular cash rates. We do this because we pay our massage therapists more for doing medical massage. When clients utilize insurance, the massage therapist is required to coordinate care with the
chiropractors as well as write detailed treatment notes to be submitted to the insurance companies.
- Insurance will only pain for 1-hr massages. Insurance will pay for a 1-hr massage + 1/2-hr of therapeutic exercise. (schedule a 1-hr medical massage + therapeutic stretching or a yogassage)
- Insurance will not pay for gratuity. However, if you are using a lawyer, they may be able to collect that for you. So, if you use a credit card for gratuity, we can submit that to your attorney)
- We do require that every client utilizing chiropractic care or massage insurance to sign a waiver that states the patient is ultimately responsible for their bill, and any portion of the bill not covered by the massage insurance.
Chiropractic Care and Massage insurance is sometimes covered by regular health insurance. We can provide you will all the necessary paperwork in order for you to be reimbursed by your insurance company. We have many clients that are successful using their regular coverage. We can supply you with your medical records, billing records, and procedural and diagnosis coding.